Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Instantly bring peace and balance into your life with a 'buffer' - Gary Coxe

I love having balance in life and I view the constant adjustments to make this happen exciting and very challenging.
Let me share with you a tool to obtain more balance and peace in your life.  I remember taking a driving course in school when I was younger.
One rule of thumb that you may have been taught is when following behind a car you should have a 'buffer' of space.  This amounts to one car length of space per every 10 mph of speed.
Let's stop and think about the purpose for following this rule. It's designed to give you a 'buffer' of space between you and the car in front of you, in case the driver needs to stop suddenly.
If you've followed the rule, you'll have both 'buffer' time and space to be prepared for possible danger.
My question to you is how much buffer space do you need in your life?  Here are a few hints to determine if you aren't allowing enough space.
You'll say things like, "There just isn't enough time in the day" or "I can't seem to get everything done that I need to."
Sound familiar?  Perhaps you or someone you know is always late or behind the eight ball. Or maybe you feel like a chicken without a head, or feel like you're being pulled from all directions?.
The solution to not having these thoughts or feelings is you MUST have buffers in place in your daily life.  If you want balance and more peace of mind, this is a MUST, not an option.
To master this you must learn to say no, not only to others but to yourself.  You can't do it all and have it all at the same time.
This amounts to learning how to simplify your life and the only way is to have buffers to serve you in case someone hits their brakes unexpectedly.  No space and you'll pay the price because sooner or later someone will hit their brakes.
Legally, when you hit or run into the back of a car, whose fault is it...ALWAYS?  Need I say anymore?
So how do you achieve this mastery?  Start now by asking this one question.  What are some things that I or my family can give up and pull back to give me more space?
Answering this question is easy compared to actually following through.  You are going to have to say NO!.  I will no longer spend time doing this or that.  If you don't make the changes then you're driving too close to the car in front of you. This will increase your stress, which is unhealthy, and sooner or later, it will catch up to you.
I invite you to analyze your life and make some changes now, not after the accident because you were following someone to close.  Wisdom is when you don't have to have the accident to make the needed adjustments.
So, what are you waiting for?  Make that list and make those changes.  It's time to back it up a bit.
The advantages of all this? I recently just got back from my flight medical doctor. As a pilot i am required to take a physical every 6 months or 2 years. His words after taking my blood pressure were, "You have the blood pressure of a teenage!" (118/78)  I know these kind of results are by choice and design. Keep designing your life.
Here's to more balance and happiness in your life,
Gary
PS. I invite you to check out my video series program 'How to Create More Balance and Be More Profitable in Your Business!" (( LINK THE TITLE TO THE PAGE - http://www.garycoxe.com/how-to-balance-your-life-and-be-more-profitable-in-your-business)) It's a must, especially if you're in your own business or have what seems to be a hectic life.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment